No community can develop unless and until there is an active involvement and participation of the people. The progress of any nation depends on the strength of the communities. The success of the community is that all the people should have access to health, well being, social justice and opportunities. The foundation of the community relies on Self determination, empowerment, collective action and Working & learning together.
Mother Helpage Founder Dr. Sohail Nasti and his team work to create new ideas and initiatives in order to lead the organisation to develop and turn assist the development of Society. Mr. Nasti in contribution to the community development initiative visited different villages in Jammu and Kashmir and shared his experience with the community members.
The focus was laid on following:
- Sharing ideas and perspectives of how to develop the communities.
- Addressing the problems of the communities and take collective action.
- Providing communities access to the safe water.
- Supporting the Children in their Education.
- Involving the youth in the field of Sports to develop their physical and mental strength.
- Generation of livelihood units.
- Women’s Empowerment: Providing skills to the Women.
- Environment: Keeping the environment clean and safe for future generations.
- Drug De-Addiction: Protecting our youth from this menace.
- Support the needy and vulnerable.
In September 2020, MH distributed all-weather-tents among the Gujjar (Tribal) families who don’t have access to shelter and other basic facilities. As winter is approaching bringing it with a lot of cold, the need for the intervention arised keeping in view the emergent requirements of the families.
Through sustainable development initiatives we tend to provide people with all the facilities so that they can earn their livelihood and live their life with dignity. We have started an initiative to provide small scale business units to the people who are poverty stricken and has the passion to generate their own livelihood units.
As we are well versed with the COVID-19 Crisis which has affected the people all around the world especially the labour class. Our main focus is to provide income generating units to those who have been severely affected by this crisis.